- 10 01 00 - Operation & Maintenance
- 10 05 00 - Common Work results for Specialties
- 10 06 00 - Schedules
- 10 08 00 - Commissioning
- 10 10 00 - Information Specialties
- 10 20 00 - Interior Specialties
- 10 30 00 - Fireplaces & Stoves
- 10 40 00 - Safety Specialties
- 10 50 00 - Storage Specialties
- 10 70 00 - Exterior Specialties
- 10 80 00 - Other Specialties
Specialties include prefinished manufactured items that are usually installed at or near the end of a project - the finishing touches.
Specialties could be considered a catch-all type of division, containing miscellaneous items that do not quite fit into any other division. There is, of course, the potential for overlap - do toilet partitions belong in Doors, Finishes, or Specialties? (It has become accepted that they belong in Specialties, as they are specialty items.)
The first step in estimating Specialties is to check out the available specifications. Often, a list of items is provided, along with approved or accepted manufacturers of these items. The next step is to go through all drawings and to make a list of items to be priced.
Many of the items covered in Specialties are priced on a delivered material only basis. It is important to keep this in mind, as the labor for the installation of these items will have to be figured separately.
Browse Specialties Subdivisions by MasterFormat®
Sorry, no research content exists for Specialties.