Roseburg Forest Products RigidLam LVL
Product Description, Applications
Utilizing the latest in technology and design to develop a better alternative to traditional solid sawn lumber pieces, Rosesburg's RigidLam® Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) provides a stronger, stiffer and more consistent building lumber for headers, beams, studs and columns. RigidLam LVL with Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification is also now available on a made-to order basis and is offered in 1.3E, 1.5E and 2.0E grades. Roseburg Forest Products is one of the nation's single largest producers of environmentally friendly green wood products with no added urea formaldehyde (NAUF).
RigidLam LVL is coated with a wax-based moisture repellent sealer that is formulated specifically for LVL. It is applied to all 6 sides of the LVL during the manufacturing process. After the sealer dries, it is inert and clear in appearance.
RigidLam LVL wall studs are permitted to be used in fire-resistance-rated construction and shall be considered a direct replacement for solid-sawn lumber, having the same dimensions, in any fire-resistance- rated wall assembly listed in Table 720.1(2) of the 2006 and 2009 IBC, provided a minimum of 2.5 lb per cu. ft. mineral wool insulation is installed in the stud cavity.
RigidLam LVL Features, Advantages
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Certified RigidLam LVL is available through Roseburg's nationwide network of wholesale distributors and Pro Yards
- Stronger, stiffer, more consistent than traditional wood lumber
- Dimensionally stable
- APA quality assured
- Longer spans than conventional lumber (fewer columns)
- Greater load carrying capacity than conventional lumber
- Wide width (up to 7'') less nailing
- May contribute points under EQ 4.4, MR 5.1, MR 5.2 and MR 7.0 toward LEED® project certification
MANU-SPEC 3-Part Specifications
|RoseburgFP_06 17 13_MS_LVL|