Grip-Rite house-wraps, distributed by PrimeSource Building Products, Inc., are ICC-ES evaluated weather-resistive barriers made of woven high-density polyethylene (HDPE). PrimeSource offers a choice of Grip-Rite House-Wrap and Grip-Rite Commercial Grade weather barriers to minimize air infiltration from the exterior, while allowing moisture to escape from the interior. Both meet Energy Code Air Barrier requirements and pass ASTM E2178 and ASTM E2357.
Grip-Rite House-Wrap significantly reduces leaks within the Effective Leak Area (ELA) found where sheets of plywood or wall sheathing abut one another. Lightweight, durable and tear-resistant, Grip-Rite House-Wrap is a durable HDPE woven substrate with a very high tensile strength that effectively blocks air infiltration and air transfer and resists moisture. Coated on one side, the micro-perforated sheet offers outstanding UV resistance and tensile strength for a wide range of climates.
Grip-Rite Commercial Grade Weather Barrier
Coated on both sides, Grip-Rite Commercial Grade is 30% heavier than Grip-Rite House-Wrap. Its superior tensile strength offers enhanced water, air and UV resistance for commercial jobsites.
Grip-Rite House-Wrap-E is a weather resistive barrier for residential and light commercial exterior walls. It is a lightweight and durable micro-perforated HDPE sheet with LDPE coating on one side to provide a strong layer between exterior walls and the elements.
- Protects framing and sheathing against moisture intrusion
- Minimizes air infiltration, providing high insulation performance for exterior walls,
- Seals the building envelope for energy savings and lower utility bills
- Reduces the potential for condensation within the wall cavity
- Reduces the flow of moisture-laden air into and out of wall cavities, helping improve air quality
- Reduces drafts and improves the thermal performance of exterior walls
- Improves building durability, protecting sheathing and framing from moisture
- Improves energy efficiency, maintaining interior temperature and reducing energy loss
- Withstands wind, harsh weather, UV and tough jobsite conditions
- Helps prevent mold, mildew and other moisture-related problems
SPEC-DATA Technical Datasheets
|Grip-Rite House Wrap by PrimeSource - Spec-Data|