Product Description, Applications
Grip-Rite® House-Wrap and Grip-Rite® commercial grade weather barrier, distributed by PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. are weather-resistive barriers fabricated of a tough woven, high-density, polyethylene fabric that minimizes air infiltration from the exterior, while allowing moisture to escape the interior. They are available in a variety of standard and optional sizes.
Grip-Rite House-Wrap significantly reduces leaks within the Effective Leak Area (ELA) found where sheets of plywood or wall sheathing abut one another. Lightweight, durable and tear-resistant, Grip-Rite House-Wrap is made up of a 9 x 5 wind-resistant weave substrate with a 2-sided low-density coating that effectively blocks air infiltration and air transfer and resists moisture. The micro-perforated sheet offers outstanding UV resistance and tensile strength for a wide range of climates.
GRIP-RITE COMMERCIAL GRADE WEATHER BARRRIER
Grip-Rite commercial grade weather barrier is 30% heavier than housewrap. Engineered with superior break strength, it offers enhanced water, air and UV resistance for commercial jobsites.
- Minimizes air infiltration, providing high insulation performance for exterior walls,
- Allows trapped moisture to escape, protecting interior wall cavities, sheathing and stud wall components when rain and water get behind siding, brick or stucco,
- Reduces the potential for condensation within the wall cavity
- Reduces the flow of moisture-laden air into and out of wall cavities, helping improve air quality,
- Reduces drafts and improves the thermal performance of exterior walls
- Improves building durability, protecting sheathing and framing from moisture,
- Improves energy efficiency, maintaining interior temperature and reducing energy loss,
- Withstands wind, harsh weather, UV and tough jobsite conditions,
- Helps prevent mold, mildew and other moisture-related problems,
SPEC-DATA Technical Datasheets
|Grip-Rite House-Wrap by PrimeSource Building Products|