Ashford Formula from Curecrete Distribution Inc.
In 2009, Curecrete Distribution, Inc., celebrated an important and unprecedented milestone in the concrete densification industry - 60 years and over 3 billion square feet of Ashford Formula.
Product Description, Applications
Ashford Formula, a leader in concrete densification since 1949, is a transparent, chemically reactive, water-based sealer that penetrates concrete and masonry building materials, permanently protecting, preserving and strengthening them.
- Curing—Ashford Formula controls hairline checking and temperature cracking on new concrete. When applied to properly placed, structurally sound freshly finished concrete, Ashford Formula will uniformly cure the concrete through a combined chemical/moisture retention reaction so vital to the complete hydration process
- Sealing—Ashford Formula penetrates deep into the concrete, forming a chemical re-action that locks the pores from within, providing a deep permanent seal on all types of concrete surfaces
- Hardening—Ashford Formula solidifies the component parts of the concrete into one solid mass, increasing the density, toughness, hardness and substantially increasing the abrasion resistance and durability of the concrete surface. Smooth steel troweled surfaces develop a marble-like finish and sheen. Ashford Formula treated concrete has been compressively tested 38% harder after 30 days than fully cured, untreated concrete
- Dustproofing—Ashford Formula chemically reacts with the salts in the concrete, per-manently eliminating the release of concrete dust through the surface pores
- Neutralizing Alkali - As the Ashford Formula progressively penetrates the concrete, it
neutralizes the alkalis, forcing them to the surface where they can be washed away during the application. The deep alkalis are locked in, and efflorescence and the leaching of lime and alkalis stop
- Bonding—Ashford Formula prepares the treated surface for paints, caulking compounds, adhesives and floor coverings by eliminating the surface concrete salts that are so detrimental to proper bonding. Ashford Formula contains no silicone and is coatable and compatible with any type of covering when standard surface preparation guidelines are followed
With one application of Ashford Formula, concrete or other masonry is cured and permanently sealed for its lifetime and is rendered highly resistant to oils, greases and other surface contaminants. The component parts of the concrete are solidified into a solid mass that toughens, hardens and increases the density. Surface alkalis are neutralized, and efflorescence and the leaching of lime and alkalis are stopped.
Applications for Ashford Formula include warehouses, distribution facilities, aviation hangars, manufacturing plants, food processing and distribution buildings, pulp and paper mills or other types of facilities with large exposed concrete floors.
- Heavyweight concrete block
- Exposed aggregate
- Sand-aggregate-cement combinations
Get More Information