This course qualifies for AIA and AACE continuing education credits!Included with Seminar
A class workbook from RSMeans
Combining an in-depth look at Means CostWorks CD functions and features with hands-on skill-building, this seminar will show you how -- with just a few clicks -- you can access current RSMeans costs, automatically adjust for your project locale, search, create cost lists, customize with your own data, export to other Windows applications . . .even create complete project estimates!
Designed for users at any level with its hands-on approach and focus on solving real-life estimating problems, this program has something to offer both new users and experienced Means CostWorks CD estimators. If you’re new to Means CostWorks CD, you’ll come away with the skills you need to start using it for faster, better project estimating. Seasoned Means CostWorks CD users wil hone their skills, master techniques that can save time and boost accuracy, get up-to-speed with advanced functionalities, find answers to real-life questions and more.
Who should attend?
All new or experienced users of Means CostWorks software, including architects, engineers, contractors, and facility managers, and others who assemble cost estimates or budgets.
Here’s just a sample of what you’ll learn . . .
- Means CostWorks CD basics: It’s a quick overview of what you’ll find on your Means CostWorks CD. . .and how to use it in a typical work session
- The advantages of estimating with RSMeans cost data: It’s the industry standard.
- Getting started: How the Means CostWorks CD settings screen makes it easy to establish key parameters including wage rate, MasterFormat version, national average or on-site costs...and more
- Finding and using data: How it’s arranged, how you can access it, how to search and navigate better and faster. Includes Means CostWorks CD features that simplify and speed data access, such as title, menu and icon bars
- Assembling and organizing cost facts: It’s easier when you know how to make best use of the CostList to queue selected line items
- How to slash estimating time - by bookmarking data for easy retrieval, searching by keyword...and more
- File management: What to put where...and how to find it when you need it
- Using the data in other Windows applications: Spreadsheets, worksheets or other Windows applications...you’ll learn how easy it is to export data to Excel, and to other applications
- TheCostWorks Estimator, and how to make the most of this powerful feature to create project estimates and detailed cost reports...adjust material, labor and equipment costs...incorporate your own cost data....“sub out” specific line items or assemblies...create templates...and more
Hilton Garden Inn DC/Bethesda
7301 Waverly St
Bethesda, MD 20814