Included with Seminar
A class workbook from RSMeans
RSMeans Online works the way you do. It’s systematic, flexible and intuitive. And regardlesss of whether you’re new to RSMeans Online or already use it, in one intensive, hands-on day, RSMeans Online will help you make the most of this powerful Web-based estimating tool.
RSMeans Online is an online construction cost estimator offered by RSMeans, the nation’s largest provider of current construction cost data. It combines powerful Web-based functionality with direct Internet access to over 100,000 industry-standard RSMeans costs -- unit costs, assemblies and square foot. With RSMeans Online, you can boost estimating accuracy and slash estimating time, and ensure that you have the information you need to make informed cost-based decisions at every stage of the construction process.
Who should attend?
With its hands-on approach and focus on solving actual estimating problems, RSMeans Online has something to offer both new users and experienced estimators. Taught by the renowned estimators and engineers of RSMeans, the program is particularly suited to architects, engineers, contractors, facility managers and anyone else who assembles construction cost estimates.
Here’s just a sample of what you’ll learn . . .
- RSMeans Online . . .an overview. It’s a quick look at the full range of what you can do with RSMeans Online - what it does, what’s included and more.
- The advantages of estimating with RSMeans cost data. Unit cost, assembly or square foot, it’s the industry standard. Here’s why.
- Getting started. The basics of setting up your account, including your user profile and password.
- Selecting your data. Depending on your subscription, you can either access the exhaustive unit cost, facilities repair and remodeling, and assemblies costs in the Online Construction Cost Estimator . . .or RSMeans Online Square Foot Estimator for conceptual cost estimates.
- Defining preferences. From wages to mark-ups to crew specifics, you can easily customize for a specific estimator . . .or save and automatically apply to all future estimates.
- Customizing RSMeans Online You’ll learn how easy it is to localize cost data to the project site . . .choose labor rates and more.
- Accessing costs: Discover how to search the database by CSI number, keyword or &dlquo;search tree.” Or use the “Advanced Search” function.
- How to make the most of RSMeans “Circle Reference” numbers. They’re cross-referenced to RSMeans comprehensive estimator’s mini-manual, packed with background specs, cost derivations, codes, tables and more.
- Yes, you can integrate your cost data, too! It’s easy to create custom cost lines . . .even custom cost books! Here, you’ll learn how.
- How to generate reports, export estimates to MS Excel, share, collaborate and more.
- Managing made simple . . .from selecting users to establishing “global” parameters. And a word about security. (It’s built in.)
- Putting it all together. Apply what you’ve learned by creating real-life estimates: new construction, repair, assembly and square foot.
What to bring
Must bring your laptop computer equipped with wireless internet connection, an internet browser and you must have administrative rights of the laptop.
Allure Resort International Drive
8444 International Drive
Hotel discounts available - ask for details!