View Alex's Latest U.S. Construction Overview
- History’s Not What It Used to Be
- Top 10 largest construction project starts in the U.S. - October 2014
- Non-residential Construction Starts Rose Gently in October
- Twenty major upcoming Water Treatment Plants and Manufacturing & Warehousing construction projects - U.S. - October 2014
- Twenty major upcoming Alberta and British Columbia construction projects - Canada - October 2014
Chief Economist: Alex Carrick
CMD Construction Data Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses how current developments in the US and Canadian economic environment will bring opportunities and challenges for designers, contractors, and materials and services providers.
Non-residential Construction Start Trend Graphs - October 2014
Below are six graphs recording 12-month moving averages of CMD ’s non-residential construction starts.
When the value of the current month is higher than for the same month a year ago, the line will turn up; when lower, it will dip.
String a couple of similar positive or negative directional changes together over several months and one has a trend.
And that’s what the graphs are designed to do, show improving or deteriorating trends in a dozen major and more granular categories of construction work.
Click here for the October 2014 Industry Snapshot article, “Non-residential Construction Starts Rose Gently in October”.